governance & ethos
ACRS' organisational structure ensures impartiality and confidentiality
ACRS is structured around the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065. Impartiality and confidentiality are the two highest priorities of this Standard and require ACRS to have a corporate structure, governance, and personnel policies to achieve this.
As such, ACRS has been structured to ensure key organisational characteristics, including:
- A balanced representation of interests, as shown by the Board
- No Board representation by individuals from companies which could qualify for ACRS certification
- Clear separation between personnel undertaking the evaluations and those providing approvals for certification
- No disclosure of information gathered about a product or supplier during certification, to any third party without written consent of the supplier.
Safeguards, with respect to personnel, include:
- All full-time and contract personnel are required to sign confidentiality agreements
- While personnel may have worked for a potential certificate holder in the past, they will satisfy the requirements of Clause 5 of ISO Guide 65 for separation and impartiality
Board of Directors
The Board of ACRS is independent and represents a broad range of construction industry participants, including private and public sector specifiers, users and suppliers.
John FenwickDeputy Chair
Andrew WheelerExecutive Director
Robert Johnson Director
Diana Zagora Director
ACRS member companies support and represent a balanced range of interests, including government, specifiers, builders, certifiers, and suppliers. ACRS members endorse ACRS certification though their organisations and practice.
Our values and charter
ACRS operates through openness, transparency, honesty, individual contribution, group decision making and commitment to continuous improvement. We are characterised by professionalism and integrity.Download the ACRS Ethos to read more
ACRS exists to provide for the continued manufacture and supply of reliable, safe, consistent quality, and responsibly sourced construction steel materials and associated products to Australian and New Zealand standards.Download the ACRS Charter to read more